Last updated July 2020.
If you contact us we will collect the email address you nominate and any other identifying information you provide, such as a name or phone number. We may use this information for Mary J Cannabis marketing purposes. We will never sell this private information to third parties.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your products, services, subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What kind of personal information does Mary J Cannabis collect?
We collect various types of personal information including: Your name, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, or demographic information like Your age, gender, or hometown. You consent to giving Us this information by providing it to Us voluntarily on Our website or any mobile application. You provide some of this information when You register with or make purchases from Our website. You may also provide this information by participating in various activities associated with Our site, including responding to blogs, contacting Us with questions, or participating in group training. Your decision to disclose this data is entirely voluntary. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but Your refusal may prevent You from accessing certain benefits from Our website or from making purchases. This information will be used for the primary purpose for which it was collected, which may include: responding to your message, communicating with you about the requested service or product, and processing payments for any and all purchases made by you through the website and links.
Mary J Cannabis also collects certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web site www.maryjcannabis.ca.This information is collected from your computer’s Web browser to enhance your experience on our web site and may include your IP address, desktop or mobile operating system, Web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer Web site.
How Does Mary J Cannabis collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by our customers, members, sponsors, web site users and the public in general when they contact us via telephone, e-mail, web browser, or in person. As mentioned above, we may also collect personal information from our business partners and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to us. Mary J Cannabis may also collect personal information through the following means:
ii) Web beacons. To assess the effectiveness of promotional and marketing e-mails we send, we may attach a web beacon to the email that provides us with confirmation when the recipient opens the e-mail. This only occurs if the recipient’s computer supports such technology.
Why does Mary J Cannabis collect personal information?
Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website, and to allow us to suggest other products and services we think might interest you. We generally store Your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent We process Your data, We do so to serve Our legitimate business interests (such as providing You with the opportunity to purchase Our goods or services and interact with Our website or mobile app).
Collecting Data from Children
This website or mobile app is not designed for use by children under age 19, and We do not knowingly solicit personal data from anyone under age 19. If You are under age 19, do not access or use Our website or related products or services. If You become aware that We have collected data of anyone under the age of 19, please contact Us so that We may delete that data.
Verifying and Amending Your Personal Information
Mary J Cannabis tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform the person to whom you provided your personal information of any change to that information.
Mary J Cannabis and make corrections to it. Please us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with these matters. In some cases, Mary J Cannabis will be prevented from disclosing the requested information to you. If any request you make for access to personal information is denied, we will provide you with an explanation.
Website Analytics / Cookies
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Your access to and use of this website is subject to legally binding terms and conditions. Carefully read the following terms and conditions before accessing or using this website. Your accessing or use of this website indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Mary J Cannabis. We may change these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Changed terms will become effective once posted on this website. Your continued use of this website after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
Canadian Copyright Law
Copyright protection is automatic in Canada. A work need not be registered with the Canadian Copyright Office nor does it have to be marked with a © to indicate that it is copyright protected.
a) Restricted Uses
Unauthorized copying or commercial publication or exploitation of text, images, audio and video clips and other content of this website including publication, retransmission, broadcast, circulation, selling, reproduction or redistribution, except as authorized by Mary J Cannabis, is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any text, images, audio and video clips and other content for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair dealing as defined by Canadian law, must request and receive prior written permission from Mary J Cannabis. You covenant and agree not to use any screen scraping, framing, bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or other automated processes on this website or its content, without Mary J Cannabis’written consent. Permission for such uses may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Mary J Cannabis A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
b) Links to Third Party Websites
The Mary J Cannabis website contains links to third party websites. The linked sites and pages are not under the control of Mary J Cannabis and Mary J Cannabis is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. These links are provided as a convenience only and shall not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of the linked website by Mary J Cannabis.
c) Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of Mary J Cannabis linked to these terms and conditions constitute the entire Agreement between you and Mary J Cannabis relating to your use of this website and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by Mary J Cannabis making such amendments or modifications available on this website.
d) Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
IN NO EVENT WILL Mary J Cannabis OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING AMONG OTHER THINGS LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS), PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR SUBJECT TO EQUITABLE OR INJUNCTIVE REMEDIES (WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE. NOTHING IN THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL EXCLUDE LIABILITIES NOT PERMITTED TO BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW. As a condition of your use of this website, you agree to indemnify Mary J Cannabis and its affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of this website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
All cannabis products are considered final sale. Defective products deemed unfit for consumption or with visible/concealed defects, accompanied by a sales receipt, can be exchanged or returned within 7 days. For more information visit our Terms & Conditions page. Accessories that are brand new, unused in unopened packaging accompanied by a sales receipt can be exchanged or returned within 15 days.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about Mary J Cannabis’ personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, or terms and conditions, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. Please contact us directly at email@example.com.
MARY J’S CANNABIS - FUN STUFF CONTEST RULES (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
CONTEST PERIOD 1) The Contest begins on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
ELIGIBILITY 2) The Contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have reached the age of 19 at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Mary J’s Cannabis (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER 3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must: a. Have a valid Instagram account (an “Account”). b. Become a follower (a “Follower”) of the official @maryjcannabis account. c. During the Contest Period, save a contest post, and tag 3 friends using your account. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF INSTAGRAM AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION 4) On Tuesday, November 23, two (2) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by private message on Instagram and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by private message within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. By entering this contest, the selected entrant: a. confirms compliance with the contest rules; b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address, and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation. - 3 - If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
PRIZES 6) There will be two (2) prizes available to be won, consisting of an assortment of Mary J’s Cannabis branded apparel and accessories as well as a $25 Mary J’s Cannabis gift card. (approximate retail value $100 (CDN) . NOTE: Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at the Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
GENERAL 7) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. 10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
8) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant: agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action that relate in any way to the Post. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any Post if a complaint is received with respect to the Post, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Post (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Post does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Post(and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
10) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Instagram accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
11) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, or its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
12) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry.
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Instagram. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Instagram.